Not sure how I’m going to do this spring’s all-white trend. Take the following into consideration:
1. I’m a slob.
2. I have a kid. She’s also a slob.
That being said, I do love the crispness that goes along with it. I might just give it a try. I’ll just keep my Tide To-Go handy.
Since most white dresses are essentially see-through, what’s under them is essentially important. Put away those leopard prints, ladies, unless you want the entirely wrong crowd walking behind you.
Besides wearing bras and panties that closely match your skin tone, here are a few other tips from Susan Nethero, AKA the Bra Whisperer and the founder of Intimacy, on how to work with your undergarments with all-white.
- Don’t believe you need to match under your sheer whites. Be bold instead with your favorite bold color or even try something as daring and contrasting as black. Celebrities and fashionistas agree: now is the perfect time to play with your lingerie.
- Have an off-white tank? Strapless is always an option, but even better than that, now’s your chance to show some straps. Simone Perele’s Bagatelle (seen above) in ivory has fun and flirty strap detailing that will add excitement to an otherwise boring strap or tube top look.
- Surprise! Red disappears under white better than white bras do. Try it. It works and is your “power bra” option.
- White lace is all the rage this spring, and what better way to maximize this look than to pair it with a sexy white lace bra? BONUS TIP: Think lace is too delicate for you? Wrong. Lace is actually stronger and will last longer than your other, less structured t-shirt bras.