Whitening your teeth doesn’t have to mean $1,000 and a two-hour stint in a chair with lights all over your mouth. Here, some quick fixes for whiter teeth that you can do throughout the day to get instant results:
- Use over-the-counter whitening strips. If you don’t want to sit around staring in the mirror while your teeth whiten, there’s nothing that says you can’t stick them on while you’re in the shower. Multi-tasking, my friend. Thy name is you.
- After eating, swish water or mouthwash in your mouth for 30 seconds to help rinse away any stain-causing food.
- Snack on apples, pears, celery, or carrots. Not only are they good for your waistline, raw fruits and vegetables produce saliva and that removes bacteria and can help whiten your teeth.
- Opt for a lipstick with blue undertones — rose, red, burgundy, and plum shades — to make your teeth appear brighter instantly. Avoid hues with orange undertones, which can yellow even pearly whites.
- Pop in some whitening gum with stain-removing calprox after your meals. If you want to keep it simple, any gum will work because it stimulates saliva flow that acts as a natural detergent.
Frown and you frown alone, but smile and the whole world smiles with you. Have yellow teeth, and you scare people whether you’re smiling or not.