Print this out. And “accidentally” leave it around for your husband, boyfriend, whomever to “stumble” upon. Or tack it to the fridge. Tape it to the bathroom mirror. Fold it up and tuck it inside their IPhone cover. Either way, they’ll get the hint and you’ll get pampered.
5 Ways to Get Lucky on Valentine’s Day
- Wash her hair. I don’t mean, lather, rinse, repeat. I mean really wash her hair. A scalp massage in a nice hot bubble bathtub. Red Hot Bathtime: Davines’ LOVE Shampoos and Conditioners, Lush’s aphrodisiac-infused Sex Bomb Bath Bomb
- Appreciate her. Say it, then go a step further by slipping Foot Petals’ Rose Heart Tip Toes into her heels before you go out for the night. When she asks, tell her you know it’s hard to walk in her shoes sometimes.
- Make a reservation. Don’t ask her where she wants to go for dinner. She figures out dinner every night at home. Make the call. And then make the call. Hurry, the time for love (and making reservations) is now. If you would prefer, use Opentable.com. There’s even an Iphone app for that.
- Paint her toes. I know, trés cliché. But it works. Ask her to lay in bed, propped up with a few big fluffy pillows, with or without a magazine and a glass of wine. You don’t have to be a skilled artist and no jokes during the spa session, please. It might take a while, unless you have a steady hand, but be patient with yourself. Bonus plan: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail color in Rapid Red dries in seconds, just in case a nail-messing activity ensues.
- Let her sleep. If you don’t already (and you should), help her take care of the little one if they wake mid-night. Remember Valentine’s Day begins at midnight and ends at midnight. Hush little baby: California Baby’s I Love You Collection